Nutrient-Dense Breakfast Options
Breakfast is an important meal of the day, especially after a fast, as it provides the body with essential nutrients and energy to start the day. The best nutrient dense foods to break a fast with concentration on being protein rich, high in fiber, vitamins and mineral to get the body fueled and satiated.
Here are some options for high-nutrient, protein-rich, high-fiber, vitamin and mineral-rich foods to break a fast:
6 Meal Options:
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes, topped with avocado and served with a side of fruit.
- Greek yogurt with mixed berries, chia seeds, and almonds.
- Salmon and vegetable omelette, served with a side of roasted sweet potato.
- Grilled chicken breast with roasted vegetables, such as broccoli and bell peppers.
- Quinoa salad with mixed greens, roasted chickpeas, avocado, and a citrus dressing.
- Tofu and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice.
6 Vegan Meal Options:
- Tofu and vegetable scramble, served with whole grain toast and avocado.
- Smoothie bowl made with frozen mixed berries, almond milk, banana, and topped with granola and chia seeds.
- Sweet potato and black bean hash, topped with avocado and salsa.
- Lentil soup with mixed vegetables, served with a side of quinoa.
- Grilled portobello mushrooms with roasted vegetables, such as asparagus and bell peppers.
- Chickpea salad with mixed greens, avocado, and a tahini dressing.
6 Vegitarian Options
- Spinach and mushroom frittata, served with a side of fruit and whole grain toast.
- Oatmeal with mixed berries, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of honey.
- Grilled halloumi cheese with roasted vegetables, such as zucchini and eggplant.
- Brown rice bowl with mixed vegetables, tofu, and a sesame dressing.
- Black bean and vegetable quesadilla, served with guacamole and salsa.
- Roasted vegetable and goat cheese tart, served with mixed greens.